Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cooking with with kids

I love to cook and bake and I have always tried to include the kids in whatever meal I am preparing. Most times the kids help me prep the veggies, sort beans or stir the food cooking in the pot, Diana loves to set the table and pick a cd to listen to while we work. I usually have my little boom box blaring while I clean and cook. It helps make the time more enjoyable and I take frequent breaks to sing and dance. The kids love to help out and they seem to have a good time, I enjoy having them in the kitchen with me as well as the added help.

On this day, Gabe and I baked brownies for my organizers meeting that evening.


Welcome to Gabe's cooking show.


He looks so cute with his sister's apron on!

This is Gabe's favorite part, and with Diana at school there will be no sharing today!

Good job Gabe.

Baking is hard work!

On this day we made Banana Berry smoothies. Smoothies are a big hit in our house.


Slicing bananas with a plastic knife, notice how his hand is far away from the knife. Safety first!



Into the majic bullet.


In go the blueberries.


Some soy milk.


My secret ingredient. Just a teaspoon is enough. I take any chance I have to add a nutrition boost.
Ground flax seed is good too.


I love this thing, it's capabilities never cease to amaze me. Thank you Nana Stella!


Tasty stuff. I hope we made enough for Diana. :)

No comments: